Just as a delicious dish is incomplete without salt, a DJ is incomplete without his headphones. The headphones are one of the DJ essentials without which a DJ’s event can’t succeed. Being a DJ means it becomes your foremost duty to spin what people want – right music on right occasions. So the Headphones that you use either makes your music or breaks it and if you are in hunt of such headphones that would enhance your DJing then here is a list of some of the best DJ headphones.
This list of top rated headphones for DJ makes it certain that your tracks and mixes are cued up on time and are delivered to the audience at the right volume. With a pool of brands and models available in the market, choosing the best noise cancelling headphones can be rather a problematic process. Well, our today’s article won’t just limit you from picking up the best headphones but would also provide you with the considerations that you should keep in mind while making the purchase.
What to look for while buying DJ Headphones
When you are investing in a pair of DJ Headphones, these are some of the crucial things that you should consider.
Bass and Loudness
- The majority of the venues where a DJ plays music are considered to be in the noisy environment as they are filled up with the screaming fans. So a DJ’s headphones should always play music with deep bass at top notch and produce crystal clear sound at high volumes.
- This is probably the very first thing that you should look into while shopping for your DJ Headphones.
Comfort and Weight
- Being a DJ it is more likely that you’ll be wearing the headphones for a long time. So it is essential that the headphones fit snuggly around your head and are also comfortable at the same time. Make sure that the earpads don’t apply too much pressure on your ears.
- Another important factor to be considered is its weight. Prefer to buy lightweight headphones. The headband-style models are usually the best.
- Considering a DJ’s life, it is quite often that the headphones might fall down in a hurry, gets jumbled upon in a crowd, or might get pulled with a jerk. So it is advisable to buy headphones that have a solid build structure or the one that can withstand all these abuses.
- Headphones, nowadays, are usually portable enough to be carried anywhere. So it is just like an icing on the cake if your headphones can be folded up compactly and comes with a carrying case.
Open vs Sealed
- Open-backed headphones are usually for the ones who love to hear their favorite tracks on top notch. DJs should prefer buying the closed back models as they prevent the background noise so as to deliver the best music.
- Some of the DJs pick up headphones with pivoting cups. This allows them to listen to a fan or communicate with someone on stage by moving the headphones away from one ear without any need of taking out the headphones fully.
Check out our list of some of the best Bluetooth DJ headphones.
Best DJ Headphones
#1. Sony MDR7506 Professional DJ Headphones
Sony headphones are best for studio purpose. The closed-back design gives you comfort as well as reduce the external noises. So you can create your piece of music with utmost peace.
You can fold up the headphones to a compact size, place it in the carrying case and carry it along with you while you travel. These rugged headphones consist of a 9.8-foot long cord with a gold-plated plug at the end.
#2. Mpow DJ Wireless Headphones
Lose yourself in the world of immersive music with the DJ wireless headphones from Mpow. With an ergonomic closed back design and around-ear cushions, these headphones are perfect for a long time wear. The adjustable headband exactly fits all head shapes.
The built-in microphone works only in the wireless mode. You also get an option to operate the headphones in a wired mode when you find the battery dying.
#3. Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones
Bose noise canceling headphones is the best for a DJ performing in noisy clubs and concerts. No noise and no wires in your way of music now. Connect the headphones to your Bluetooth-enabled devices and NFC-supported devices to enjoy music to the fullest.
The volume-optimized equalizer helps you to balance the audio and perform at high volumes. Furthermore, the noise-rejecting microphone lets you make clear calls.
#4. Beats Ear Headphone
One more headphone that you might count upon as the best DJ headphones is the one from Beats. Beats is well known for manufacturing gadgets that provide you the best sound quality at high volumes in any environment – whether you are partying in a club or cueing up your tracks in a concert.
It can be considered as one of the headphones with pivoting cups. The earcups are designed to swivel back behind the ears so that you can communicate with your stage monitor or listen to a fan requesting for a song.
#5. Pioneer DJ Headphones
Pioneer brings to you one of the top DJ headphones which are a perfect blend of style and performance. One of the most striking features needed for remixing is the ability to deliver the best quality of sound and audio reproduction even in the low and mid frequency ranges. You can achieve this with the Pioneer headphones.
You even get two 3m interchangeable cords with these headphones which enable you to move freely while performing.
#6. Monoprice Headphones
Are you in hunt of low price yet durable headphones? Monoprice presents to you the best cheap DJ headphones with superior sound quality. These rugged headphones are designed to withstand heavy uses of a DJ.
The padded earcups make it comfortable to be used for longer duration. The adjustable headband fits all the head size. You can even adorn these headphones over your cap.
#7. Audio-Technica DJ Headphones
Praised by the top engineers and pro audio reviewers, these professional DJ headphones from Audio-Technica are one of the most sought-after models. The solid construction of the headphones paired with sound isolating earcups provides an unmatched experience to the DJs.
Moreover, the earcups are designed to swivel up to 900 in both the directions. They are foldable to a compact size. Place the headphones in the protective carrying pouch and carry them with you.
#8. Cowin Headphones
For all the professionals out there, Cowin brings the best stereo wireless headphones for you. The amazing design of these headphones just adds up to your style and personality.
Immerse in your own world of music with the help of Active noise canceling technology used in these headphones. The protein ear pads are soft to touch and super flexible to snugly fit around the ear. These headphones are light in weight and are comfortable to be worn for a long time.
Which one of the above listed some of the best DJ Headphones have you decided to purchase? Do write to us about your choices and views in the comments section.